The first sledging piste on Paganella, accessible via the Santel-Meriz chairlift from the Santel car park near to Fai della Paganella.
From Rifugio Meriz, you can take the 2-person chairlift which also serves the Rolly Marchi ski school area to reach the starting point of the sledging track, ending at the bottom of the beginners’ ski slope, next to Rifugio Meriz.
The sledging piste is managed by Paganella 2001 SpA and features:
- Total length: 880 m
- Width Between 3 and 5 m
- Total area: 3,500 m2
- Starting altitude: 1,522 m
- Finish altitude: 1,421 m
- Total vertical descent: 100 m
- Average gradient: 10%
- Maximum gradient: 20%
This new track opens up the Paganella ski area to lovers of sledging, whether young or old! The areas for playing in the snow on inflatables and rubber rings is still open for young children (Baby Park Dosson and Kids Gaggia Park up the mountain and the Winter Park and Fun Park at valley level).
Opening times: 09:00 to 16:00
Sledging piste regulations:
- Helmet mandatory up to age 18
- No access for walkers or skiers
- For young children, the use of a two-person sledge accompanied by an adult is recommended
- Sledges may not be used whilst wearing ski boots
- You may use your own sledge or toboggan (can only be transported on the Santel-Meriz chairlift, not the Andalo-Doss Pelà gondola)
- Plastic sledges and toboggans not permitted
- Sledges may only be used on the specified track (no access to the ski pistes)
- Sledges available to rent from Rifugio Meriz
- One-day insurance policy available for purchase at the ticket office
Meriz sledging piste prices:
Tickets (only available from Rifugio Meriz):
- Valid for 2 hours, Meriz 2-person chairlift: Adults €15.00, juniors and young children €10.00
- Single trip on Meriz 2-person chairlift for sledging: Adults €3.50, juniors and young children €2.50
Return trip on Santel-Meriz 4-person chairlift to access the sledging area: Adults €8.00, juniors 5.50, young children free if not skiing.
Available to purchase online or from the Santel-Meriz lift ticket office.
Juniors: children born after 30/04/2006; young children born after 30/04/2014
Sledge hire, 2 hours (from Rifugio Meriz):
- One seater sledge €6,00
- Two-seater sledge €8,00
Booking possible, mandatory for groups of more than 15 people, call +39 0461 1636378