How long does it take to cover the Ferrata delle Aquile?
According to tables, it takes about 2 hours to cover Paganella iron road, to which must be added the time for the approach and return via Aquile path or Botanico path.
Technical details and rules of the iron road
- Total height difference ascent/descent: 280 m
- Cable length: 1037 m
- Indispensable: “Ferrata kit” (harness, kit with heat sink, 2 carabiners and helmet). Use the equipment properly, proceed with caution and care and always clip in the 2 carabiners. Remember to maintain the necessary safety distances! One person between 2/3 anchorages.
- Difficulty: route reserved for mountaineers/expert hikers with safety equipment, "classic" route difficulty from A to C, alternative routes difficulty D-E.
- It is dangerous in rain and thunderstorms.
- NB: You can only go one way from Canalone Battisti to Trono dell’Aquila.
- Caution, the Ferrata delle Aquile is a difficult route for experienced mountaineers/hikers.
The map and route of the Ferrata delle Aquile in Paganella
Download the map which you will also find at the start of the lifts and at information points. :The times it takes to do the Aquile ferrata, pictures of the iron road and the path, clear map of Aquile path.